There’s no doubt that some Airbnb descriptions tend to be a bit dull. Most hosts will either throw together a few sentences or rush through their description to get to the property photos and details. After all, listing your vacation rental is just one of many tasks on your to-do list! But there’s no need to rush when writing a great Airbnb description. Instead of trying to cover everything in just a few paragraphs, think of your property as a character in a novel that you’re describing, and develop the story around this character.
What should you need to include in your Airbnb listing description?
Before writing your description, ask yourself a few questions: What’s your property like? How does this compare to others nearby? Why is my place different and better? What makes your space unique? Make an effort to convey all of these factors in your description. Here are some other tips to help you craft a winning Airbnb listing description:
- The property name
- Summary (including what makes it unique)
- The space: what guests will find in their room and around the home
- Amenities (including any rules)
- Bedrooms and bed setup
- Bathrooms, including the type of shower
- Kitchen and common areas
- Services offered (cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Neighborhood overview
- Interaction with hosts: how often they can expect to interact with you directly, if at all.
Listing Answers their Questions Before they Even Ask
It is best to answer the questions and make a proper page so that the journey for the guest is easy and clear. Don’t let any questions unanswered because it reflects a wrong impression on the guest.
- How much space they’ll have, who else is staying in the space, where they can go, and what they can do there
- Whether they’re allowed to have guests over or bring their pets with them if they can smoke or play music.
- How much does it cost per night/week/month? Where is the money going (i.e., to charity?)
- What are the amenities?
- Does it have a kitchen? A washer/dryer? Parking?
- Where is the nearest grocery store or pharmacy?
Want to make sure your Airbnb listing is as attractive as possible? Then add a blend of verbs + and positive adjectives! Instead of saying, “The property has one master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom and bed.”, try stepping it up a notch by saying, “Enjoy our luxurious, lavish master bedroom with a king-size bed and your ensuite bathroom.”
And remember that it’s not just about the words you use—you also have to create compelling content! So make sure you’re doing things like:
- Adding details about what guests can expect upon arrival, such as whether or not there’s parking available
- Including photos that show off the best parts of your property
The description should be Segmented into Different Sections
In all likelihood, only some people will read your description all the way through. Some of your visitors will skim it. So we recommend segmenting your description into sections. That way, you can be sure that no matter what kind of reader visits your page, they’ll get the most important information out of the experience. We recommend segmenting your description into sections. For example:
2) Product description
3) Product benefits